What if your perspective only held one quarter the power it could hold? What if you could multiply your insight, understanding, power, and choice by knowing a simple “operating system” shortcut?
Ken Wilber’s 5 element map, commonly called AQAL (pronounced “AH-qwal”) shows us how to assimilate perspectives in complementary ways.
AQAL is an abbreviation for the 5 elements including:
- All Quadrants
- All Levels
- All Lines (of development)
- All States, and
- All Types
Quadrants, levels, lines, states and types – whoozie whatsits?
I can’t seem to find a google video doing an AQAL intro, so I may create one soon.
Meanwhile you can find written introductions to AQAL here:
- 40pg Intro to Integral Theory and AQAL, (PDF) Ken Wilber.
- A Brief History of Everything, Ken Wilber.
- A Theory of Everything: An Integral Vision for Business, Politics, Science and Spirituality, Ken Wilber.
- The Integral Vision: A Very Short Introduction to the Revolutionary Integral Approach to Life, God, the Universe, and Everything, Ken Wilber