This is taken from a magazine clipping – unfortunately I don’t know the magazine or the author of this clip! Please tell me if you know the source!
Hopefully you’ll find it inspiring anyway!
For more info, check out this page.
8 Ways to Resolve Conflicts Peacefully
- Remember that all human beings have the same needs, such as acceptance, support and independence.
- Check your intentions to see if you are as interested in getting their needs met as you are your own.
- Notice if you are making a request or a demand.
- Instead o saying what you DON”T want someone to do, say what you DO want.
- Instead of saying what you want someone to BE, say what action you’d like the person to take.
- Before agreeing or disagreeing, tune in to what the other person is feeling and needing.
- Instead of saying no, say what need prevents you from saying yes.
- When upset, think about which of your needs are not being met, and how to meet them, rather than focus on what’s wrong with other people.