If you find all this talk about recession, increasing unemployment and the crashed housing market depressing, I hope you’ll enjoy this article.
In it, you’ll find 9 ways to thrive despite our current economic situation. If you like it, pass it on.
With loving blessings,
Maya-G (Gail Taylor)
9 Ways to (Get By? No. Survive? No!)
Thrive in the Current Economic Climate
When it rains, it pours, and today’s economic issues can feel like a downpour of depressing news. Talk of lay-offs, government overspending, and the increasing costs of living can feel dishearteningly heavy at best.
But you can find shelter in the storm. Use these 9 tips to make the best use of your internal and external resources, and thrive despite the current economic climate.
When you tap the power of your higher, middle, and lower self, as well as the power of the environment around you, you can experience fewer headaches, less stress, and get more done with less effort.
Lower Self – Shadow work: fear, worry and judgment
Worry, fear and judgment drain energy and take you out of your most resourceful state. To stay rooted in your power:
1. Do release work to mourn the gap between what is and what you envision possible.
2. Notice any moments you feel reservation, worry or fear and look for the core value trying to be heard in it.
3. Investigate your judgments about yourself and others. Judgments are parts of you trying to reveal your core values that still need to be integrated.
Middle Self – Generating Positive Outcomes
Thinking positive isn’t enough, you also need to take right action. How do you find the smallest effort that will generate the most positive outcomes?
1. Listen for the “do wants” in the “don’t wants”. Make a list of what you don’t like and don’t want. What does it reveal that you do want?
2. Make your desires measurable. How much? By when? For example, “By the end of this week I want a routine hour a day to relax” is better than, “I want more time to myself”.
3. Find practical win-win steps to feed your needs. If you can’t think of any, ask 3 friends what they would do in your shoes. “I want more time to myself. What would you do?”
Higher Self – Beyond The Personal
We think we’re separate, when really we’re part of an infinite network of infinite resources. Don’t believe it? Think about the “6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon” game. You’re also part of an ocean of atoms that are all entwined and interconnected. How can that infinite network support you?
1. Connect to Nature (or anything larger than yourself). Take a walk in the woods, meditate, pray or lay on the ground and feel how gravity pulls you into the Earth in this massive expansive universe. Whatever it takes, remind yourself that you’re part of an infinitely large system of interacting parts. Feel it, and feel the power that is available for you to tap into. Find one thing you can appreciate and feel grateful for right now.
2. Do Alchemy. When you combine a clear focused desire with the emotional experience of already having been there, and then take right action, you set highly powerful conscious, unconscious, and transpersonal forces in motion. What would it take for your desire to get a more clear, laser-like focus? What would it take for you to feel as if you’re already there?
3. Remember who you Are. You are more than your thoughts, beliefs and actions. Who are you, most deeply? When you remember who you most deeply Are, you find your personal connection to the infinite, and you’ll discover the ability to create any experience you want.
Now it’s time to customize these 9 tips to your specific life and your unique situation. Take charge; get help if you need to. Maybe even try a life coach! A quality life coach can offer step-by-step assistance and can even guarantee you results. You’ll know if you’re with the right practitioner if you experience movement in 90 minutes or less.
The tips above come from my Integrated Coaching model, and this month I’m offering a limited-time coaching sale. If you want more info about it, call me and let’s schedule a free hour-long consultation for you. I can be reached at 1.877.535.5438.
When it rains, you can get frustrated and depressed or you can find a way to play in the rain. Don’t let the economic climate get you down. Take 20 minutes to try these tips today.