Jody emailed me asking for more info about my current protocol.
Here’s a general overview, with a few random details – I could practically write a book about all of this. I admit it’s not my most brief writing.
I hope it helps someone out there anyway.
I am totally bedridden and no doctors have been able to help me. I have read your postings extensively and I’m hopeful that you might email me the more recent Protocol that you followed to help you feel much better.
I really appreciate any response from you,
- Blood tests (many different ones) to get baseline information
- DNA test confirmed I had MTHFR mutations effecting metabolism
- Begin to Heal vitamin, mineral and micro-nutrient Deficiencies
- Learn how to properly maintain balanced electrolytes
- Clear out detox pathways to prepare for detoxing
- Begin to slowly add in co-factors necessary for later steps
- Begin simple stretching / easy beginner yoga to help circulation clean gunk out
- Detox parasites – Cure systemic bacterial overgrowths / infections
- Heal the gut biome with proper types and amounts of probiotics (many are not proper)
- Replace household products, body producs and foods that have toxins, carcinogenic substances, endocrine disrupters, … (sls, aluminum, “fragrance”, anything 3+ on EWG’s site) – use cleaner / healthier alternatives
- Upgrade supplementation to help support deeper healing processes
- Cure leaky gut
- Detox heavy metals
- Eliminate ALL sources of stress – “friends”, work schedule, horror movies, anything that stressed me out.
- Eliminate “inflammatory” foods and learn how to reduce systemic inflammation
- Eliminate American wheat from diet (glyphosate) and stop eating any GMO products (especially corn, soy)
- Sleep 8-10 hours a day starting at 10:30pm
- Drink only pH-balanced distilled water
- Eliminate problematic diet issues – for a long time I had to drop all alcohol, gluten, dairy, and tons of foods that were causing me issues
- Learn a properly balanced nutrient-dense meal-planning structure
- Learn how to deal with my genetic mutations effecting metabolism
- Slowly add in tiny efforts of 7-minute HIIT cycles, anything is good (ie: heal insulin resistence and restore insulin sensitivity to reduce hypoglycemia stresses)
- Get my systemic imbalances under control (as Dr. Lam says, the OAT axis – more in a bit).
- Slowly add in supplements specific to my body profile to support healthy function for my MTHFR mutations and adrenal fatigue and insulin resistance and estrogen dominance etc.
- Slowly re-grow mitochondria that were probably devastated, be sure other items stay in balance while adding new energy-producers to the body – they will consume more resources.
- Eat only organic, whole, live foods whenever possible, at least 6 fist-sized servings per day.
- As systems heal, you need less of some bits of previous steps, and more of others. Over time I could add allergen-foods back into my diet. I’m not so diet-restricted anymore. Over time I could take less of some supplements. I expect more resiliency to grow with time so I can wean myself off more of the (enormous numbers) of supplements I’ve had to take over the years.
- I sleep through the night – OFTEN
- Especially on good days, I can often do physical things for myself again – I can sometimes cook, clean my own house again, shop for my own groceries again – all things I could not do literally for YEARS.
- I’m getting my fibroids reduced and my menorrhagia under control – I bleed 1/3 as much as I used to each month, almost a normal (2-4 days heavy) cycle where previously it was 7-15 heavy days with no days off in between. I expect this to continue to improve as I do another cycle of the “fibroid heal” combo I am using.
- I can do bits of 7-minute HIIT workouts that I could do NOTHING of before
- I’m now bedridden roughly only 5-7 days a month, and up to 60% of my previous functionality on good days — where I had been bedridden for months at a time and extremely weak even when I was ‘better’.
- I have better diet resiliency – I can eat some of the foods I used to love, as long as I don’t overdo it or do it too often.
- My RLS symptoms are MUCH more rare and lighter now, and I usually can eliminate them within minutes (drink water, balance my electrolytes, take tissue salts, eat a bit of salt, or I need to eat a snack)
- My fall hay fever is far, far more mild, and I never get the complications I had in college (bronchitis, asthma symptoms, borderline pneumonia)
- My mood, mental clarity and ability to engage projects has improved radically
- I got a comprehensive nutrient panel – I had tons of deficiencies – iodine, zinc, B12, D, K, Iron, Calcium, magnesium, and others.
- I got a wide-spectrum food sensitivities and allergies test – turned out tons of my daily foods were allergens for me — rice, garlic, dairy, avocado, things I ate every day…
- I got a comprehensive stress-panel (cortisol, dhea, adrenal function), and comprehensive endocrine panels (estrogens, testosterone, much more) and found out that I had 3 systems in failure — my adrenal system, my thyroid system and my ovarian system (hormones) were totally out of whack.
- I got a DNA test for MTHFR and found out I have a genetic mutation that contributes to (so many issues I have had) – adrenal fatigue, insomnia, estrogen dominance that lead to fibroids, so much more. Turns out all these things were preventable if I had been educated by the right doctors 20 or 30 years ago.
- I also learned that some of my difficulties related to my previously diagnosed heart murmur – symptoms consistent with congestive heart issues (also MTHFR-related)